Brian Grant - Profile
Height: 6'9" / 206 cm
Weight: 250 lbs / 114 kg
Position: Power forward / Center
Born: March 5, 1972
College: Xavier (Ohio)
Degree: BS in Communication Arts:
Organizational Communications on May 7, 1994.
Years pro: 6
Nickname: The General, because he hails from the same hometown as General Ulysses S. Grant.
- Selected by the Sacramento Kings in the first round (eighth pick overall) of the 1994 NBA Draft.
- Signed as a free agent by the Portland Trail Blazers on 8/23/97.
- Acquired by the Miami Heat from the
Portland Trail Blazers in August, 2000.
The Heat sent forwards Clarence Weatherspoon and
Chris Gatling and a conditional
first-round pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers in a three-team trade.
- Named the winner of the J. Walter Kennedy
Citizenship Award for the 1998-99 season in recognition of his
outstanding community service and charitable work
- Scored 33 points and grabbed 16 rebounds against the Hornets on 11/3/2000,
then on 11/8/2000 he totaled 30 points and 21 rebounds against the Sonics.
- Led the 1998-99
Blazers in rebounds (9.8 rpg, 12th in the NBA), leading the team in
rebounding in 30 games, and double-doubles (17)
- Totaled 18 points
and a career-high 24 rebounds, including 9 offensive boards, in a 90-84
victory over the Golden State Warriors on 2/20/99
- Ranked 2nd on the
Blazers in 1997-98, and established a career-best, in rebounding (9.1 rpg)
- Recorded a career-high 34 points, a game-high 17 rebounds and 5 assists
against the Phoenix Suns on 11/14/97
- Grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds,
including 9 offensive boards, and scored 10 points against the Houston
Rockets on 11/7/97
- Registered 19 points and 11 rebounds, in his Trail
Blazers debut, against the Seattle SuperSonics on 10/31/97
- Ranked 2nd
on the Kings in 1995-96 in scoring (14.4 ppg) and rebounding (7.0 rpg)
- Led the Kings in blocked shots in 1995-96 (1.32 bpg) and in 1994-95
- Named to the 1994-95 NBA All-Rookie First Team, averaging
13.2 ppg and 7.5 rpg
- Appeared in the 1995 Schick NBA Rookie Game
during All-Star Weekend in Phoenix, totaling 9 points and 6 rebounds
in 17 minutes
Back to main page